Sunday, June 19, 2011

Peter the Great Bust 250mm













Hi, everyone. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Here is a bust I just finished sculpting for Michael Miniatures. This piece will be released soon. I will be painting the boxart as well and hope to have the finished piece on display at the Chicago Show in October. It should be attractive with a dark green jacket and the brass gorget. I'm trying to get a handle on using my wife's expensive and complicated DSLR camera. I've got a little "fisheye" distortion due to the lens, but otherwise the pics are decent. Thanks for looking!














5 comments:

Kyle Nelson said...

Stunning!
I really admire the Imperial eagle crest on the base, among countless other details. Truly amazing!

-Kyle

Matt Springer said...

Thanks, Kyle. I enjoyed making this piece alot. The royal crest on the base was done with magic sculpt right on the styrene plastic base that I made. Reference lines and working on steps allowed me to do the job over 2-3 evenings of work.

Thanks again,

Matt

mmsibob said...

Fantastic! You out do yourself with each new piece.

mmsibob said...

Fantastic! You out do yourself with each new piece.

Guevara said...

Great bust, amazing!!!