Saturday, June 23, 2007

...more sculpting progress - Native American bust






Here are some more pics of the current sculpting projects. I've reworked the corners of the mouth to angle down a bit more and am also working on symmetry issues and final smoothing. The clean-up and refinement seems to take forever. I must learn to work more cleanly! I've spent more time on this face than I ever have and am pleased with it so far. I want to continue this same dedication to getting everything the best I can to all areas of the bust. In the past, I think I get a little too anxious to finish or I think I can add that detail with paint later and my work gets a little sloppy as a result. This time, there are no deadlines or other obligations with the piece so I can just let it happen. Thanks for looking and comments are always greatly appreciated.

Matt

No comments: