Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Why So Serious????




Here's one I've been looking forward to starting for a while. It's another film character recreation from the fantasy/comic realm. Here he is after the first session. I have learned finally from painful experience to not rush portraits at this stage. It's a much better use of time getting the structure and forms/volumes right before starting the fine features. This will not be a commercial release, I'm afraid. I will have him completed and painted for the Chicago Show in October. Stay tuned for more updates on this one.




2 comments:

Jim Johnston said...

OK so what you should do is have a contest to see who can guess the subject first. Again, fun to watch you work and I will follow this one closely.

Matt Springer said...

Thanks, Jim. I'll keep posting pics as I progress on him.

The title of the post is a big clue...